This page describes the terms and conditions governing the use of this website (hereinafter the “Site”).
By visiting the Site you unconditionally undertake to comply with these terms and conditions.
As terms and conditions may be amended at any time, without prior notice, we advise you to consult them regularly.
The Site belongs to and is operated by Sanofi Egypt S.A.E., (hereinafter the “Company”). The layout and each of the components, including trademarks, logos and domain names, appearing on the Site Telfast-Egypt (www.telfast.com.eg) are protected by current laws on intellectual property, and belong to the French parent company: SANOFI or its subsidiaries, or their use is the subject of an authorization. No component of the Site may be copied, reproduced, altered, edited, downloaded, denatured, transmitted or distributed in any way whatsoever, on any medium whatsoever, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the Company, except solely for use for press requirements conditional on compliance with intellectual property rights and any other property rights that are mentioned. Only copying for private use is authorized for your own personal, private, non-commercial use, on your personal computer. The following statement should appear on any authorized copy of all or part of the content of the Site: “COPYRIGHT © 2019 – Sanofi Egypt S.A.E – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED”. Any authorized use of items composing or shown on the Site must not be denatured, changed or altered in any way whatsoever. SANOFI or its subsidiaries reserve the right to take legal action against any breach of its intellectual property rights.
Nature of information
This website shares Telfast product knowledge and answers a lot of questions raised by allergy sufferers.Information, especially financial, published on the Site shall not be considered as an encouragement to invest. It should not under any circumstances be interpreted as prospecting or as a public offering, nor is it an offer to subscribe, buy or swap shares or other securities in SANOFI and/or its subsidiaries concerned. The Company, draws your attention to the fact that financial information posted on the Site is regularly updated (if financial information is provided on-line).The Site may offer opinions by experts consulted in a particular field in relation to the content of the Site or excerpts from press articles. Any such information solely represents the opinion of the expert consulted or the publication, and is not necessarily the opinion of the Sanofi Group. Any such experts are not employees of the Sanofi Group and do not receive any emoluments in exchange for SANOFI using their opinion. The Company is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any such information and opinions. Experts’ opinions reflect their own personal views and should never be interpreted as being the opinion or responsibility of the Company and/or SANOFI.The Site also includes information on health, physical condition, the medical field and medical treatments solely for human use. Said information is published on the Site for information purposes only and is no substitute for the advice of your physician or pharmacist. The information should not be used under any circumstances to make a medical diagnosis of an illness or physical problem, or for prescribing or using drugs presented on the Site. The Site is not intended to be used to report health concerns, adverse events or product technical complaints, or to ask technical or medical questions regarding SANOFI’s products. In all instances you should refer to your physician or pharmacist.
Links to other sites
The liability of the Company or of SANOFI shall not be incurred by a third party site that can be accessed via the Site. We do not have any way of controlling the content of such third party sites which remain entirely independent of the Company. Moreover, the existence of a link between the Site and a third party site does not under any circumstances mean that the Company approves the content of that site in any way whatsoever and in particular the use that may be made of it.In addition, you are responsible for taking the precautions necessary to prevent any infection from the Site, in particular by one or more computer viruses, Trojan horses or any other “parasite”.External sites may include hypertext links to the Site. Any such links should not be created without the express prior consent of the Company. In any case, the Company is not in any way liable for the non-availability of such sites and the Company does not scrutinise, check or approve them and is not responsible for contents, advertising, products or other components available on or via those sites.
Cookies – What are they?
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. A cookie will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers.Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are called persistent cookies and they enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.This website uses the following categories of cookies:
- Necessary cookies Necessary cookies are used for “technical” reasons, such as re-establishing a user’s session at login if their previous session was cancelled due to user inactivity. Such cookies are not used to analyse use of our website.
- Analytics These cookies help us analyzing use of our website and identify options for improvement:
When opting out, a cookie will be placed on your machine, with the sole purpose to prevent (for the future) that any of your actions when using your internet browser become a part of the pseudonymous usage analysis described above.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Site is not intended to receive confidential information from you. Consequently, and except for personal data mentioned above, any information, whatever its form – document, data, graphic, question, suggestion, concept, comment or other – that you send us via the Site, will not under any circumstances be deemed confidential. Consequently, the act of sending it to us alone gives us the right to use it, reproduce it, publish it, alter it or send it with a view to dealing with your request.
Limitations on liability
The Company strives to the best of its ability to ensure that information published on the Site is accurate and up-to-date. It reserves the right to correct content at any time, without prior notice. However, the Company cannot guarantee that the information available on the Site is accurate, correct, up-to-date or complete.Consequently, and except for property damage resulting from gross or intentional negligence by the Company, the latter declines any liability:
- for any inaccuracy, error or omission as regards information available on the Site;
- for any damage resulting from fraudulent intrusion by a third party resulting in an alteration of information or items made available on the Site
- and more broadly, for any property damage or consequential loss, for any reason, of any origin, nature or with any consequences whatsoever, even if the Company had been warned of the possibility of such damage or loss, caused (i) because of any access to the Site or because it was impossible to access it, (ii) because of the use of the Site, including any harm or virus that may infect your computer or any other property, and/or (iii) because of the credence given to any information coming directly or indirectly from the Site.
The components of the Site or of any other site are provided “as is” without any guarantee of any kind, whether implicit or explicit. The Company does not offer any implicit or explicit guarantee, relative, without limitation, to their market value or suitability for any given purpose.
Availability of the web site
You acknowledge (i) that it is technically impossible to provide the Site free from any defect and that the Company cannot undertake to do so; (ii) that defects may lead to the Site being temporarily unavailable; and that (iii) operation of the Site can be affected by events and/or matters that the Company does not control, such, for example, as means of transmission and communication between you and the Company and between the Company and other networks.The Company and/or its suppliers may, at any time, alter or interrupt, temporarily or permanently, all or part of the Site to undertake maintenance and/or make improvements and/or changes to the Site. The Company is not responsible for any alteration, suspension or interruption of the Site.
Information on products
The Site and its content are governed by the Laws of Egypt, and any disputes relating thereto are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Egypt
Terms and conditions
9.1 Publisher of the Site: Sanofi Egypt S.A.E
9.2 Microsoft Nederland B.V. - Evert van de Beekstraat 354 - 1118 CZ Schiphol (Amsterdam)
Microsoft Nederland B.V. is part of Microsoft Corporation, 1 Microsoft Way, 98052 - Redmond, Washington, USA
Photo / video credits:
Sanofi has secured all the rights of use of the photos on the website.
SANOFI fully understands the importance of privacy and the protection of personal data in the digital era and is committed to ensure an adequate level of data protection for all persons with whom Sanofi has dealings. This includes, notably:
- Patients and their relatives or close ones,
- participants in clinical trials,
- healthcare professionals,
- users of our products and services, including websites and apps users,
- representatives of our contractors and business partners,
- representatives of the scientific community etc.
- job applicants.
What you will find in this document
This Global Privacy & Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) describes SANOFI’s global practices to ensure an adequate protection of personal data, i.e. any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, for all data processing carried out in the framework of its business and activities (“Personal Data”).
The objective of this Policy is to help you understand:
- THE PURPOSES: for what reasons and purposes SANOFI processes your Personal Data
- ON WHAT GROUND: on what basis does SANOFI process your Personal Data
- WHERE FROM: from what sources does SANOFI collect your Personal Data
- WHO: who are the authorized parties that SANOFI may disclose your Personal Data to
- WHERE: where SANOFI and its authorized parties may process your Personal Data
- HOW SECURE: what SANOFI does to protect your Personal Data
- HOW LONG: SANOFI’s approach to defining the term of retention of your Personal Data
- YOUR RIGHTS: what your rights are and how you can exercise them
- HOW TO CONTACT US: where and how you can reach us if you wish to exercise your rights or if you have a question
What processing activities does this Policy cover?
This Policy is intended to apply to all processing activities SANOFI conducts towards the persons it deals with in its professional business activities. Specific privacy and data protection information notices (“Privacy Notice”) and/or consent forms will, if necessary, be communicated to you regarding specific situations where SANOFI may process your Personal Data. These Privacy Notices shall describe in more detail how your Personal Data will be processed in relation with the processing in question. If the legislation of your country so requires, this Policy and/or Privacy Notices may be supplemented by local mandatory provisions, as the case may be.
For the purposes of this Policy SANOFI means Sanofi and all its affiliates. Each Privacy Notice shall set out which SANOFI entity determines for what reasons (i.e. the purposes) your Personal Data is processed as well as the resources (i.e. the means) allocated to such processing.
Validity and evolution of this Policy
This Policy may be modified by SANOFI, from time to time, in particular to adapt its terms to evolutions or changes of applicable legislations and/or to SANOFI’s practices. Changes will be available on this page. We invite you to check this Policy periodically.
The purposes: SANOFI will always collect your Personal Data for explicit and legitimate purposes
SANOFI collects your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to carry out our business operations ; carry out marketing and sales ; respond to your requests; to keep track of our interactions and meetings, such as when you contact us for information and support ;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations that apply to SANOFI ; monitor safety ; manage adverse events ; carry out prevention and investigatory activities ; carry out administrative formalities, registration, declarations or audits.
- to provide patient support, healthcare support services, patient engagement and prescription information ; manage claims, including insurance claims ;
- to conduct research and development; carry out clinical studies, registries and trials ; manage and validate the recruitment and participation of individuals to studies, trials and other operations ; analyze demographic data ; offer special programs, activities, trials, events or promotions via our services ; carry out market or consumer studies ;
- to provide you access to online services, application and platforms ; manage your online accounts ;
- to allow us to identify or authenticate you ; provide or verify your credentials including via passwords, password hints, security information and questions, government-issued ID, healthcare professional number, driver’s license data, and passport data.
- to improve and develop our products and services ; identify usage trends and develop new products and services ; understand how you and your device interacts with our services ; track and respond to safety concerns ; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, conduct surveys;
- to personalize your experience when using our services ; ensure that our services are presented in the way that best suits you ; understand your professional and personal interests in our content, products and services or other content and adapt our content to your needs and preferences ; present you products and offers tailored to you ;
- to allow us to communicate with you ; respond to your requests or inquiries ; provide support for products and services ; provide you with important information, administrative information, required notices, and promotional materials ; send you news and information about our products, our services, our brands, our operations ; organize and manage professional events and congresses, including your participation to such events ;
- to process payments we may need to issue in a specific situation; verify your financial data ; facilitate further payments.
- to offer donations and sponsorships ;
- to respond to legal requests from administrative or judicial authorities, in accordance with applicable laws ; comply with a subpoena, required registration, or legal process
- to protect our rights and interests ; protect the health, safety, and security of SANOFI personnel and premises ; carry out internal audits, asset management, system and other business controls ; manage business administration (finance and accounting, fraud monitoring and prevention) ; maintain the security of our services and operations ; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may incur as necessary ; to protect ourselves against possible fraudulent actions.
On what ground? SANOFI will always process your Personal Data lawfully
Depending on the data processing at stake, SANOFI will generally process your Personal Data on either one of the following legal basis:
- your prior consent : where you have clearly expressed your approval of SANOFI’s processing of your Personal Data. In practice, this will generally mean that SANOFI will ask you to sign a document, or to fill-in an online “opt-in” form or to follow any relevant procedure to allow you to be fully informed and then either clearly accept or refuse the data processing envisaged.
- a contractual relationship between you and SANOFI: in such case, the processing of your Personal Data is generally necessary to the execution or the performance of the contract; this means that if you do not wish SANOFI to process your Personal Data in that context, SANOFI may or will be obliged to refuse to enter into such contract with you or will not be able to provide the products or services covered in this contract.
- legal obligations applicable to SANOFI’s activities ; for instance, SANOFI is required to implement pharmacovigilance procedures to monitor adverse effects of marketed products, which generally involves the collection and retention of Personal Data.
- the “legitimate interest” of SANOFI in the sense of applicable data protection law. In such a case, SANOFI shall consider your fundamental rights and interests in determining whether the processing is legitimate and lawful.
SANOFI may, on a case-by-case basis, rely on other legal grounds, such as the protection of your vital interests, in accordance with applicable data protection law, as set forth in the applicable Privacy Notice.
Where does the Personal Data come from? SANOFI will always collect Personal Data from trusted sources
SANOFI may collect your Personal Data from different sources:
- Data that you communicate to us through various media, through registrations, applications surveys or direct and indirect interactions with SANOFI. For example, data you provide to register to scientific events sponsored by SANOFI, to submit an online application, to send us a request for information, etc.
- Data that we collect automatically, for instance when following your interactions with our websites, platforms, applications and services through certain technologies, such as cookies.
- Data that we collect in accordance with applicable law from public sources available, including data that is published by you in all supports.
- Data that we obtain legally from third parties, for example, when we may need to confirm contact or financial information or to verify licensure of healthcare professionals. In such case, we generally receive such Personal Data from third-parties that are authorized to do so in the framework of their own privacy and data protection policies or in accordance with the law. As applicable, we will inform you in the Privacy Notice of the identity of those third-parties and will invite you to refer to their privacy and data protection policies to inquire on the origin of such Personal Data and the condition of their collection.
About children Personal Data
While in some instances we may collect Personal Data about children with the consent of his/her parent or guardian for the provision of our services such as clinical activities or for patient support programs, we do not otherwise knowingly solicit Personal Data from, or market to, children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she should contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will take steps to delete such information from our database in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Who has access to Personal Data: SANOFI will share your Personal Data only with authorized parties
For the purposes described above, SANOFI may need to share your Personal Data with the following authorized third-parties:
- Sanofi and its affiliates
- our partners (healthcare professionals and organizations, distributors, other members of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry)
- selected suppliers, service providers or vendors acting upon our instructions for website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, etc.
- legal or administrative authorities, as required by applicable laws including laws outside your country of residence
- potential acquirers and other stakeholders in the event of a merger, legal restructuring operation such as, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off or divestitures.
- sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions SANOFI may need to share your Personal Data with other third-parties, in which case you will be duly informed through the applicable Privacy Notice. In any case, SANOFI will require that such third-parties:
- undertake to comply with data protection laws and the principles of this Policy;
- will only process the Personal Data for the purposes described in this Policy ; and
- implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data
Where Personal Data may be transferred: SANOFI will ensure that transfers of your Personal Data outside EU are safeguarded
SANOFI is a multinational organization with affiliates, partners and subcontractors located in many countries around the world. For that reason, SANOFI may need to transfer (via access, visualization, storage..) your Personal Data in other jurisdictions, including from the European Economic Area to outside the European Economic Area, in countries which may not be regarded as providing the same level of protection as the jurisdiction you are based in.
Safeguards for international transfers of Personal Data: In cases where SANOFI needs to transfer Personal Data outside the European Union, it shall ensure that adequate safeguards, as required under applicable data protection legislation, will be implemented (including, notably, the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, as applicable).
In this respect and in particular, for intra-group transfers of Personal Data implemented for clinical studies and pharmacovigilance purposes, SANOFI has implemented and shall apply its “Binding Corporate Rules” validated by the EU Data Protection Authorities.
How secure: SANOFI will implement security measures to protect your Personal Data
We have implemented a variety of technological and organizational procedures and measures to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. These measures shall take into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope,
context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
For instance, we store your Personal Data on servers that have various types of technical and physical access controls, which may include, for instance, if appropriate, encryption. We may also aggregate, pseudonymize or anonymize Personal Data to ensure that no personally identifiable information is communicated to third parties.
How long: we will retain your Personal Data for no longer than necessary
SANOFI will retain your Personal Data only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy.
As an exception, SANOFI may be required to retain your Personal Data for longer periods as required or permitted by law, or as necessary to protect its rights and interests. In such a case, you will be informed of the intended retention period in the applicable Privacy Notice.
Your rights: SANOFI will ensure that you can exercise your rights pertaining to your Personal Data
You can exercise your rights as provided by data protection laws.
To that end, SANOFI informs you that you are entitled:
- to have access upon simple request to your Personal Data – in which case you may receive a copy of such data (if requested), unless such data is made directly available to you, for instance within your personal account ;
- to obtain a rectification of your Personal Data should your Personal Data be inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete ;
- to obtain the deletion of your Personal Data in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (‘right to be forgotten’);
- to withdraw your consent to the data processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of your consent ;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of legitimate interests of SANOFI, in which case you will need to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation;
- to request a limitation of the data processing in the situations set forth by applicable law ;
- to receive your Personal Data for transmission from SANOFI to a third-party or to have your Personal Data directly transferred by SANOFI to the third-party of your choice, where technically feasible (data portability right allowed only where the processing is based on your consent)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below and we will take necessary steps to respond as soon as possible.
You may also file a complaint before a competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your Personal Data. While we suggest that you contact us beforehand, if you wish to exercise this right, you should contact directly the competent data protection authority.
How to contact us
SANOFI welcomes any questions or comments you may have regarding this Policy or its implementation. Any such questions or comments should be submitted using the contact information below:
You can send any request pertaining to SANOFI’s use of your Personal Data to our Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.